A whopping 11270 special buses would be operated according to the State Department of Transportation for the Pongal festival on 11, 12 and 13th January 2017.
On the eve of Pongal festival special buses would ply from Chennai to various destinations across the state. 29 ticket counters opened for this purpose at Chennai Koyambedu. Special buses operated continuously for 3 days festival.
Temporary Bus Terminus:
For the convenience of passengers and to avoid congestion, temporary terminus at below points similar in fashion to Diwali would be arranged.
- Andhra bound buses would start from Anna Nagar West Terminus.
- ECR bound buses would commence from Gandhi Nagar Bus Terminus, Adyar.
- Thanjavur, Kumbakonam buses would start from Tambaram Sanatorium BS.
- Vellore, Hosur and Dharmapuri bound buses would ply from Poonamallee.
- All other destination like Trichy, Salem, Madurai, Coimbatore, Nellai, Nagercoil, Villupuram, Tiruvannamalai, Neyveli, Panruti and Kallakurichi bound buses would depart from CMBT (Koyambedu) as usual.